Monday, December 14, 2009

A week of holiday fun.


Grace is soaking up the holiday air. She celebrated her first Chrismakuh with her honorary aunts. When my good friend Marissa had her daughter 3 years ago we all decided she should know about both Christmas and Hannakuh as two (Marci & Rachel) of our group are Jewish. Since the kids are still pretty young it really is just an excuse for the 5 of us to get together and catch up and have some fun with the kids. Marissa now has a son as well and now I have Grace and next year Marci will be adding a little one to the celebration as well. Our little group of kids is growing fast and I can't be more pleased to see our little family that we chose grow. Nothing is better than amazing friends.

Here is Grace with Avery & Ben after they opened their gifts.



On Saturday Brian & I took Grace on her first visit to Santa. She was in a great mood that morning and tolerated the line, which thankfully only took about 10 minutes to get through. The photo we bought is pretty cute with Grace gazing at Santa, but here is the one photo we were allowed to take. I am going to see about scanning in the photo we bought at work and get it up here some time this week.



And meet Sophie. Sophie is a teether I heard about. When I went to look it up I found out it cost $20! But it is made of BPA free products and safe to chew on. So while I was doing some shopping on Amazon for Christmas I saw that Sophie was on sale, so I splurged and got it for Grace. She LOVES Sophie. When Grace saw Sophie for the first time she looked at her, smiled, then grabbed her and began to chew on her. Grace loves to go to town gnawing on Sophie to bring relief to those gums that are bound to sprout some teeth soon.



Coming up this week, Grace's 5 month birthday and a road trip to South Dakota to see some friends get married. It will be a fun and adventurous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment