Monday, December 21, 2009

5 months old & First trip to South Dakota


On December 15th Grace turned 5 months old. I know I say it every month, but how is it that she is 5 months old already?! Here is her monthly picture with Pooh bear.

Daddy trying to get her to smile for the camera.





This last weekend we headed to Deadwood, SD to see our good friends Tommy & Ashley get married. Grace did great on the car ride. I just tried to entertain her in back while Brian drove us ladies 400 miles each way. While we were there we had some time to do some sightseeing and took Grace to see Mount Rushmore - her first national monument. It was a cool, clear day and there was hardly anyone there - it was great! Here are some photos.






Now those who read this who knew my dad know that he was quite the well, smart a** and jokester. So years ago when I was probably 10 or so, my parents took Katie & I to South Dakota for a family vacation. Honestly I remember that trip a lot. We saw Mount Rushmore, went to Bear Country USA and did a bunch of other stuff, it was a lot of fun. Well while there dad had Katie & I standing in front of Mount Rushmore with our arms in the air and one finger pointing up. He kept telling us to move a little left, a little right and we were like seriously dad take the picture already. Well in those days you didn't see the photo until it was developed, when mom got the pictures back dad was quite pleased with himself. You see the photo shows my sister & I picking the noses of one of the presidents, he thought it was hilarious! At the time I just rolled my eyes and was like whatever dad, but I have to say now that I laugh about it. So, to honor Grandpa Phil, Grace helped me pick the nose of Abe Lincoln. I told Grace Grandpa would be proud!


And now on to the wedding. How cute is she in her dress?!


Looking good daddy!

And finally the happy couple, congrats Tommy & Ashley!


Of course coming up this week is Grace's first Christmas. Judging by the boxes arriving for her lately she is sure to be spoiled! She doesn't know how lucky she is to have such wonderful friends and family.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment