Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jackson Philip Makes Four

On October 21, after 3 and half weeks of bed rest, I went into the hospital for monitoring of my blood pressure knowing that it was a possibility that the doctor would decide it was time to deliver our baby boy that day. Sure enough my blood pressures were still higher than the doctor wanted to see and since I was exactly 37 weeks she said it was time to go in for a c-section and deliver this baby boy.

While we were prepared that the birth might happen that day it was still overwhelming and nerve wracking going in for the c-section. I had a c-section with Grace so I knew more or less what happened, but this time I hadn't labored for 12+ hours and didn't have contractions to distract me from the spinal block happening. It was scary and I freaked out as I do with medical procedures, but we made it!

Here I am before going in for a c-section -last photo probably forever as a pregnant gal as we think we are done having kids. 


At 9:48 a.m. Jackson Philip was born. He was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 20.5 inches long. I imagine if we had gone two more weeks like we were supposed to, he would have been born a 9+ pound baby!



After I delivered Jackson, he and Brian went off to the nursery so the doctors could check Jackson. White male babies born early sometimes have lung issues. For some reason white boy's lungs don't develop as quickly as other babies according to my doctor. Thankfully Jackson looked great and he and Brian met me in recovery where I finally got to hold my baby. 



Later that day big sister Grace and Grandma Gina came to visit Jackson for the first time. It was pretty cute to watch Grace with Jack. She is such a proud big sister. 





After a few days in the hospital it was time to go home. Brian was in charge of picking out his outfit for the ride home and chose a cute Chicago Bear's onesie. 



So, what's in a name? The middle name was easy. I knew I wanted to honor my dad (Philip John) in some way. He would be so excited to see a boy join our family. Jackson was a name I heard a ton when I was a nanny for a family in college. I heard it on the playground probably every time we went. I have always loved that name. When my father passed in 1999 I told myself if I ever had a boy his name would be Jackson Philip. When we found out I was having a boy I knew his name would be Jackson Philip - even my cousin Megan who I told years ago that I loved that name knew right away that would be his name and asked me if that was it, but alas we weren't 100% positive since I had to get my husband to agree. Jackson seems so fitting though since Brian & I met at a bar called 3 Jacks and Brian's grandfather's name is Jack as well. Brian agreed to the name after we threw around a few ideas. Plus when we met our son Jackson seemed to fit him. Now Jackson has a few nicknames of course - Jack, Jax, little man and action Jackson. Grace however, insists that we call him Jackson - it his name after all. 

We welcome Jackson Philip to our little family. We are so blessed and happy to have a healthy baby boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment