Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cubs Game!

Sunday we headed out to Coors Field to watch the Cubs take on the Rockies. Brian is a huge Cubs fan so it is a family tradition now to go to the ballpark for the game. Grace went to her first Cubs/Rockies game at 3 weeks old.

Grace is at an age where sitting still doesn't really happen. So, Grace & I headed over to the playground they have at the ballpark. Since the day before she was very independent at the playground I was trying not to hover. I had just run into a friend when I saw her going up the stairs to the slide. I was getting ready to come around to meet her when she stepped out at an opening that had a fireman's pole and fell 4 feet to the ground. My heart stopped and I couldn't get to her fast enough. The staff had the paramedics come to make sure she was okay and we spent around 45 minutes in the first aid station. Grace is thankfully fine and was back to normal dancing around and eating chex mix before we knew it. I think I'm more scarred than her!

We had fun the rest of the game, but the Cubs lost. It was a fun family day and sadly I don't have many photos since our camera died. We look forward to many more baseball games as a family.



In this last picture you will see Snowy, Grace's new friend. She got him at the first aid station while we are evaluating her to make sure she was okay. Why they are giving out snowmen at a baseball park since it is a summer sport I will never know, but Grace loves him already.


No comments:

Post a Comment