Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Surgery Number 8

We found out Friday that Grace has to have surgery again. This time though it is not on her eye, it is for her ears. She has had 5 ear infections in the last 6 months and our pediatrician sent us to an ENT to get her checked. We weren't supposed to get into the ENT until March 3, but while we were home on Thursday because Grace was super sick I called and there was a cancellation on Friday. YAY for getting in early! The ENT took a quick look and said yes she needs ear tubes and also to get her adenoids taken out. A quick 20 minute procedure and she should be good as new with any luck. The recovery is supposed to be pretty easy and I have heard from other moms that ear tubes are wonderful!

While we aren't thrilled she has to deal with surgery again, I am kind of excited about it so that hopefully Grace is no longer in pain. There is nothing worse than seeing her hurt with these ear infections.

So, surgery is schedule for March 4 right now. I'm waiting to hear back from the nurse on whether flying a couple weeks after is a problem or not. From what I've read it shouldn't be, but I want to make sure.

Here we go again - at least we know how the surgery process works and should be relatively easy for us with any luck. I'll keep you all updated as we continue on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment