Sunday, August 1, 2010

A couple firsts and a busy weekend.

Grace has been a busy girl since her birthday. From practicing walking to going out and about around town, she is a busy bee.

Let's start off with one of the firsts - her first shiner. I picked her up from daycare and she had bonked the side of her face/eye and got her first shiner. Can't say I am surprised. She is into exploring everything and walking (up to around 7-8 steps at a time) that there are quite a few spills.


It healed pretty quickly and it didn't slow her down one bit!

On Saturday I took Grace over to Nordstrom to get her first pair of shoes-sneakers. I had asked around to my friends and they said one of the better brands to get for first shoes are Stride Rite and Nordstrom had a sale and we had a gift card so us girls went shopping while Brian was at work. I found her a cute pair of pink/purple sneakers for her to start wearing since she is walking more and more. It was so fun going to Nordstrom because they took her picture in her shoes and gave her a little stuffed animal named Nordy and just fawned over Grace the whole time saying how cute she is. It was so much fun! I need to scan the photo in at work tomorrow, so stay tuned for a photo.

Today we headed to Coors Field for the Cubs/Rockies game. The Cubs are on a bit of a losing streak and got swept by the Rockies, but we had fun anyway. Grandma G came with us as we all attempted to stay cool today.



Checking out her seat since there was an empty one by us.


Funny picture.


Serious picture.



This week we have Grace's 6th surgery. So say a prayer for her and her crazy parents on Thursday morning. I will update when I can with how it went. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment