Monday, May 10, 2010

Surgery - Again.

I took Grace to the eye doctor this morning for her eye check up. This one was to see if her "medically patching" - blurring of her good eye to make her use her bad - was working and if her bad eye was straightening out. I already knew what the doctor was going to say before she said it - surgery is needed to straighten her right eye in hopes that it will get her brain to recognize that now she has a lens (via her glasses) that she can see out of. So, looks like she has to have another surgery again in mid-June probably. And then it appears she is a bit far-sighted now in her right eye which means she needs a new lens. The eye glass place where we got her glasses has a policy of like 90 days or something of a free exchange of lenses if the RX changes...I think I am out of that window by like 20 days, but pleaded with the lady to have it be free, she said she would see what she could do for me. I will pay what I have to for my little girl to see, but frankly if I can get away with not paying $350 again for ONE lens I would be thrilled. And the eye glass place had to keep her glasses since the lens will be thicker now, so now Grace has no glasses for about the next week and she looks kind of funny without them. It is funny how we are so used to them now.


So that was our fun morning. Another, here we go again moment, but at least we got a 5 month break from surgeries. I will keep you updated as soon as I know the surgery date. It is another outpatient surgery which is great and generally people recover pretty quick too. Grace is such a trooper. I have to say today was probably her first eye appointment where she didn't lose it with the doctor when they shined light in her eyes - she did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment